Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Overwhelmtion

There are some days that even with the best intentions, turn into days best spent in bed.  Today is that day...

Money is always a worry for me, but this April has been GROSS.  (The fact that my brother and sister in law both dreamt I won the lottery is more likely in indicator that even they can feel my financial stress!)  But I can usually handle that.

I've got a crazy busy week this week.  Something going on every night, every day filled right to the brim with activity.  But that's usually something that energizes me.

I've been eating raw for a week now (loving it) but the prep and cost is starting to wear on me already.

And most of all, my daughter's diabetes is constant source of anxiety.  She struggles to accept it, and this is hardest of all.  The realization that she must live with this every day is overwhelming to her.  Some days, the needles REALLY hurt.  Some days, she just wants to eat something without thinking about how many carbs it has, and how many units of insulin she must inject.  The understanding that even the most well managed diabetes WILL result in a shorter life span... how does a 14 year old accept this???

I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders today.  Going back to bed is not an option, so I am going to choose to bend at the knees, and carry this weight in the most efficient and healthy way I can.

xox

No comments: