Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Another Year Older - and defintely wiser!

So my birthday came and went - with much fun, food and craziness to be had! After a wonderful party on Saturday night with both siblings (that's never happened!) and some great friends; a laugh-a-minute shower for my sister in law on Sunday; and a family supper and football fest later that day - well the food and drink were a-flowin'!

I feel like I did not go super crazy - though did enjoy myself thoroughly! I didn't drink a silly amount, but did try to drink lots of water, and fill myself with fruits and veggies before diving into the delicious dishes my husband & I prepared for the weekend.

I did pretty well.

I got spoiled. Lovely presents from friends and family (including an inside & out car wash, replica LV purse & spa treatment from hubby; adorable "mom" book, dark chocolate and a gc to Suzy Shier from Emma; Indian cook book from Justin; cute tank, matching earings & flip flops from my sis et al; 2 bottles of wine from my bro et al; a beautiful vase from Dar; Lots of partylite candles from Nic; a gift card from Jacquie & Darrell; Marguerita pop set from Cheryl & Scott; cash and wine from my inlaws; ESBM and cash from my folks)... well yeah. Spoiled about sums it up!

And I spoiled myself. For my birthday, I finally got the tattoo I've been dreaming of since the first week I started Weight Watchers more than a year and a half ago! It's the chinese symbol for Achievement, protected by 2 dragons: A great reminder to not give up on all the hard work I've done. Each cherry blossom is representing my family: Emma, Ken, Mom, Dad, Nathan, Arden, Andrea & Sonam. It's the stereotypical "tramp stamp" location on my lower back - something I NEVER would have gotten when I was heavy. It's also a great motivation to tone up more so I can show it off!!!

Thanks Miss B for the reminder. So hard to take the time for me to get this done... *Hugs*!

1 comment:

klkl said...

Jaxie!! HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!

Your tat ROCKS!

You look amazing darling.

Need a friend to join you in th spa?