Saturday, January 17, 2009

Consumed instead of consuming.... I like it!

So here's my new weight loss tip: Find a book you love!

I know I'm the last person in the world to discover Twilight, but I'm bitten: hook, line and sinker... I've spent 2 very late nights to race through the book. I just finished, but think I will begin again to absorb some of the details I sailed through to get to the next part.

I'm a book junkie. I love to read so much, but often put it aside because of the absorbing nature it has. I can turn off the tv in a heartbeat, but putting down a good book is like amputating a limb. I always wished I could be a writer, but never felt inspired to write anything worth, well...writing!

So Edward is a new character in my life - one I will hold with me for a while. My mom was actually concerned I was obsessing a little too much (still worried I'm some kind of vulnerable creature, waiting to get scooped up by some villainous cougar chaser!) which I found funny, considering I was expounding on why a character like Edward was so easy to 'fall in love with'. I get it. It's the "I love you more than the pain that grips me" syndrome.

Explanation: Many girls (too many girls...) want to find a man whose fatal flaw is ONLY fixable by their love. My mom sees this as immature, I see it as a need to be loved. So much, that the only proof of said love is to abandon something so potent and strangling (like an addiction, some wicked rebellion, or, oh say the need to suck human blood...) This need, this concept that we can find someone who would love us MORE than whatever it is that obsesses said boy... Silly, yes. Unrealistic - most definitely. But we all know of a story where it has happened: "I couldn't have done it without her" "Her love got me through it" "All I kept thinking about was how much I loved her..." and the stories go on. Mostly in the movies, but it does happen. And those of us who always envisioned such unfettered, un-relinquishing love... we keep hoping.

And in the meantime, get swept away by heart-gripping and enticing reads like Twilight.

Oh, and it looks like I'm in for a good week if I can keep the weekend in check!

Here's what I ate today:

B1: cereal, berries, ff milk (4)
B2: almonds (2)
L1: taco salad, potato crisps (7)
Sn: granola bar, banana (3)
D: low fat chicken strips & low fat french fries: (6)
Sn: popcorn (6)

AP:1 (15 minutes of BL cardio)
Used 4 WPA

No comments: