Monday, April 28, 2008

Still those tough days...

Let this be a reminder to myself. Let this also be a caution/lesson/aha moment for others:

There are some days that are so hard to be good to myself. I give into temptation instead of saying "NO! This is NOT good for me. I will feel icky when I'm done, and no clever marketing, pretty packaging or sugar craving will make me feed my body something that will make me feel icky!"

So my planned splurge at the Taste of Spring resulted in a 2 pound weight gain. I'm ok with that. I haven't been to the gym in weeks, and the little activity that I've done has not been real heart pumping. I also went a little overboard yesterday by eating a .... get ready for this ... a donut. Emma was astounded. It was yummy, and a good remedy for my burgeoning hangover. But, I will admit, I felt almost stoned an hour later. I was in a zombie like state - not helped by the fat head and sick tummy from my wild night before - but I was on a sugar crash plain and simple. And then, I couldn't contain my cravings. No - correct that - I wouldn't contain my cravings.

I had a light (but large) dessert at the parent in-laws anniversary party. And today, I conscientiously DUG OUT an angel food cupcake, drowned it in nutrawhip and cherries. Telling myself the whole time... "Oh Jacki... don't do this."

So I'm back on the wagon, and back off sugar. I hate it. I hate what it does to me. So back to moderation and consideration of myself.

I have such a crazy wild busy week that I need at least to be physically ready to handle everything that will come up. And apparently the sugar affects my emotional side too, as I'm tearing up instantly yesterday and today. No more. I'm done. Finito.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: